Last Modified | December 13, 2022
This User Agreement covers Partners In Democracy, Inc.’s (“PID”) website, which includes:“partnersindemocracy.us” (the “Website”). This User Agreement supplements any additional guidelines or terms posted by PID in relation to specific site-related services or content. By using the Website, you agree to be bound by the version of the User Agreement then in effect. If at any point you no longer agree to the User Agreement, please discontinue your use of the Website.
PID reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, without notice to you. You must consult the most recent version of this User Agreement (not an older cached version) each time you view the Website. You can determine whether the User Agreement has been modified since your last visit by checking the “Last updated” date posted at the top of the User Agreement.
PID may deny service to you at any time, including in the event you do not adhere to the User Agreement.
General Practices Regarding Use and Storage
Users acknowledge that:
- PID may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Website, such as the maximum number of days that uploaded content is retained by the website;
- PID has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other content maintained or transmitted by the Website servers; and
- PID reserves the right to change these general practices at any time with or without notice.
Linking to PID’s Website
You understand that all information, data, text, photographs, graphics, messages, or other materials (“Content”) posted is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that you, and not PID, bear all risks and liabilities for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Website. You agree to not use the Website to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. (Posting the same note more than once can be considered “spam” or “spamming”);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a PID official, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Website;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another; or
- harvest or otherwise collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge that PID and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, move, edit, or delete any Content that is available via the Website, regardless of whether it violates the User Agreement. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
Any submission to the Website will be deemed and remain the property of PID. You grant—or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted—PID a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide non exclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display the communication or content in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed.
Although PID has no obligation to monitor submissions, you acknowledge and agree that we may do one or all of the following: (a) monitor the submissions; (b) alter, edit, or remove any submission; or (c) disclose any submissions.
Linking to PID’s Website
Partners In Democracy encourages and permits text links to content on our website. However, the linking must not:
- suggest that PID promotes or endorses any third party’s causes, ideas, political campaigns, websites, products or services;
- damage or dilute the goodwill associated with PID’s name and/or trademarks through the appearance, position, and/or other aspects of either the link or the host website;
- use PID’s copyrighted information or logo, trademarks or service marks without the express written consent of PID; or
- use any content for commercial or fundraising purposes.
The link, when activated by a user, must display our website(s) full-screen and not within a “frame” on the host website.
PID is not responsible for the information or materials contained on host websites. Links to our websites are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by PID of the organization or individual operating the host website or a warranty of any type regarding the host website or the information on the host website.
We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link at any time.
Linking to Third Party Websites
Occasionally, PID will provide links to websites maintained by third parties, over which PID has no control. PID does not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and is not responsible or liable for the content, operators, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites. Further, PID is not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through such sites.
PID has the right but not the obligation to block links from our websites at any time.
Usage of Content
Unless otherwise indicated, all information contained on our website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, and audio clips, is copyrighted by and proprietary to Partners In Democracy, and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use, or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without PID’s prior written consent, except that the user may make such temporary copies in a single computer’s RAM and hard-drive cache as are necessary to browse our online content, and the user may make one permanent printout of each page of the websites to be used by the user for personal and noncommercial uses that do not harm the reputation of PID.
To obtain permission to use or copy PID copyrighted materials (audio, video, text, graphics, images, artwork, etc.) from our websites or from printed materials, please email your request to [email protected].
Please provide the following in your request:
- information about the exact material you propose to use or copy, including the title of the document, page numbers, section titles, and copyright dates; to use information from our websites, include the Web address (URL) and, if possible, attach a copy of the specific information you wish to use
- an explanation of how the information will be used and/or distributed and whether reprinted materials will be sold
- a description of the nature of your organization or business (for-profit, not-for-profit, etc.)
- contact information, including your phone number, email address, and/or mailing address
PID may grant permission to use portions of its materials if the material will be reproduced for educational purposes and if it will not used in connection with commercial or for-profit activities.
Permission will not be granted:
- to copy entire publications, pamphlets or other printed materials.
- to use any material that has been discontinued or that is under revision.
The Website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by PID, which is headquartered in Delaware, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of Delaware, by accessing the Website both you and PID agree that the statutes and laws of Delaware, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles, will apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of the Website or this User Agreement. You and PID also agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of any court located in the jurisdiction of Delaware, United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections with respect to such matters.
PID makes no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so on their own initiative, at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
PID reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that PID shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Website.
Disclaimer of Warranty
PID makes no warranties of any kind regarding this Website, including but not limited to any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that you will hold harmless PID and its officers, directors, employees, and volunteers from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, the Website or the information contained in the Website or other websites to which it is linked. This includes, but is not limited to, information or materials viewed or downloaded from the Website or another website to which it is linked that appear to you or are construed by you to be obscene, offensive, defamatory, or that infringe upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will PID or the contributors of information to the Website be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Website is to stop your use of it.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by PID infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Website should be sent to:
By Email: [email protected]
By Mail: Partners In Democracy, Inc. 303 Cambridge St, PO Box 410139 Cambridge, MA 02141
If any provision of this User Agreement is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then the provision will be severable from this User Agreement and will not affect the validity and/or the enforceability of any remaining provisions.